When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a user name and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better.
If you’d like to learn how to remove cookies set on your device, visit AboutCookies.org – How to control cookies.
Cookies used by Google Analytics: __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz
- To record how many people are using the Lease of Life Home Care website and how they move around the site once they have arrived
- _utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the Acas website before
- _utmb and _utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site
- _utmz tracks identifies where you’ve come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website.
- So service is available when you want it and fast, we measure numbers and volumes of visitors.
- No personal information about you, just information about your computer and your browser.
- _utma: Expires 2 years after your last visit to this site
- _utmb: Expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity
- _utmc: Expires when you close your browser
- _utmz: Expires 6 months after it was last set.
For more information about Google Analytics cookies go to Google Analytics Privacy Overview.
We use StatCounter Analytics Cookies (called “is_unique”) and they are used solely to determine the first time, returning and unique visits to our site. This cookie is not used for any other purpose, find more details about it here.